Monday, March 26, 2018

She Won't Need It Anymore--By Helen Dowd--Canada

She Won't Need It Anymore

It is when I look around me, and I see my sister’s things.
Oh what pain wells up within me!  How my soul with anguish wrings!
When my eyes fall on her sweater hanging limp behind the door,
It is then the cruel truth hits me: She won’t need it anymore

Helen Dowd enjoys spending time at her computer, along side her husband of 60 years, writing poetry, story poems, stories about pets and life in general, as well as inspirational and Bible stories. She has one book published. Her stories and poems have been published in several Anthologies. Helen hosts an inspirational online publication, www.occupytillicome.ca 

5 comments:

  1. a sad & very heartfelt write indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Helen,

    The little things can strike us after losing someone we dearly loved. I agree with Jack, a heartfelt poem. Thank you for your sharing. Take care.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've known such moments - well written poem.
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Helen, Such a "tug at my heartstrings" poem. I know the feeling. Thank you for sharing your talent
    Sincerely, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hellen,
    How Shocking the passing of a loved one hits us. What a good demonstration of this. Very well done
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete