Friday, March 16, 2018

Better world (double triodyne)--By Yancy Dalton--United States

Better world (double triodyne

"Build a better world", God said.

I asked, “How? Useless & small I am.
There is nothing I can do."

But God, in all his wisdom said,
"You can do something.
Just build a better you."

Yancy Dalton grew up on a cattle ranch riding, roping and branding calves. He started writing poetry after college, church mission and marriage.  When he first started writing online, the name "Yancy" was often taken for a girl's name. So, he made up a pen name to progress as a poet called "Knight Writer."

11 comments:

  1. Very practical message, succinctly expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arthur Turfa, I came across this kind of thinking many years ago. It is a treasure to me, so I thought it might be helpful to others.........Knight Writer

      Delete
  2. Dear Yancy,

    I really like this double triodyne and it's true, start with yourself if you want a better world!
    Thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Daginne. True growth does start with self. Then is added up on as we help others.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Jack. Many thanks for your work here. I enjoyed coming up with this poem.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Yancy, for this spiritual up-lifter. If nothing else, we can always work on ourselves so that His light can shine through us. Thanks for the reminder. Continued blessings to you!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your supportive words Maurice, my whispers sister. I am happy to see whispers going strong again.

      Delete
  5. I really like this poem and the great message.
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Caryl, your words mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  6. A lovely and meaningful poem, Yancy. Happy Easter! // paul

    ReplyDelete