Monday, March 12, 2018

Inquiry--By Carl "Papa" Palmer--United States

Inquiry

The three year old full of questions
asks his grandmother with dementia,

Why do all the people here have white hair?
Can I sit in your wheelchair?
Is this orange juice in your pouch?

Which question would you like me to answer first?

I forgot, Grandma.

Me, too.

Carl "Papa" Palmer of University Place, WA is retired military, retired FAA, now just plain retired without wristwatch, cell phone, alarm clock or Facebook friend. Carl is a Hospice volunteer and president of The Tacoma Writers Club.

MOTTO: Long Weekends Forever

13 comments:

  1. Thank you, Peggy, another of the many precious moments I've witnessed as a Franciscan Hospice volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your poem, Carl. Written with humor and so recognizable.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you choosing this one, Inge, levity lightens the load

      Delete
  3. It's so intense and sweet, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claudia, not all that unlike the sweet intensity of the poetry and pictures on your BLOG

      Delete
    2. Oh thank you Carl, your lovely words of appreciation mean a lot to me!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. Very nice write, Carl. Love it. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite the compliment coming from you, Maurice, I visit your inspiring BLOG often.

      Delete
  5. Had to smile at this endearing poem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Carl, this is candid, compelling...the child and grandmother are real enough, and I'll do the remembering for them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your poem and enjoyed the laughter it created.
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good story "Papa" Carl
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete