Saturday, March 17, 2018

Just for You--By John W. (Bill) Williams--United States

Just for You

I want to be everything
you want me to be;
I want to instill in your heart
a gentle love,
inseparable and fulfilling. . . .
I want to be by your side,
forever strong and caring. . . .
And when we will have grown older,
I hope your eyes sparkle as they do now,
and the warmth of your affectionate smile
stirs my heart as deeply. . . .
And, whatever the future brings,
I hope this heartfelt love
will be graced by God,
strengthened and sustained,
in this journey toward eternal victory.

John W. (Bill) Williams is a retired language arts and children’s literature educator.  He lives in Martin, GA, where he stays busy with his art and poetry.  He has been published in a variety of venues.

6 comments:

  1. Dear John,

    A very moving poem. Thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart-warming and passionate, Bill. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to lasting love.
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this love poem John. The ending was great, setting it apart from most other love stories.
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Whispers' Friends,

    Once again you share with John his heartfelt words. The international community embraces the lovely poetry he shares. Thank you for reminding him that his words matter. I will send your comments on to John, which I know he will be grateful for.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete