Friday, July 3, 2015

A Village Near Bangkok--By Isha Wagner--New Zealand

A Village Near Bangkok

Shadows stroll along the dimly lit road
slowly begging clear light of day
to give semblance to illusion's play

And I speak soft words so they may
hear the whispers that surround
inaudible to the little Thai woman
carrying a straw basket of white eggs

She thinks she is alone on the grey pave
but the shades of dark pursue laughing at her
tiny wrinkled face that belies wisdom

I stumble across her holding out my hand
for one fragile egg
so she can sense my reality

Isha Wagner is a New Zealand poet. She has resided in many countries including Iceland, Libya, India, and Australia.  She read some of her work at the VIII International Poetry Festival held in Granada, Nicaragua, in February 2012. She has had three collections of poetry published.

6 comments:

  1. Isha,
    A very nice poem!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the incredible piece. I am impressed with the skill you have in writing this amazing poem. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your poem very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really intrigued by your poetry, Isha. You always write thought-provoking and compassionate poems. Thank you for sharing "A Village Near Bangkok" and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautifully written, enjoyed my visit today.

    ReplyDelete