Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mayday--By Kelley White--United States

Mayday

The rules we keep
for newborn sheep
are difficult to fathom:
they have to stay
behind the gate.
I want to take a lamb home.

Pediatrician Kelley White worked in inner city Philadelphia and now works in rural New Hampshire. Her poems have appeared in journals including Exquisite Corpse, Rattle and JAMA. Her most recent books are Toxic Environment (Boston Poet Press) and Two Birds in Flame (Beech River Books.) She received a 2008 Pennsylvania Council on the Arts grant.

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous write, I really enjoyed reading it this morning. You have inspired me to write a loveable poem this morning. I thank you for that! What a magnificent piece, great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly. I echo Rusty's sentiments in that :this is a gorgeous write." Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete