Monday, July 27, 2015

Back to the Days of Creation--By Lanette Kissel--United States

Back to the Days of Creation

I wish I could go back to the days of creation,
when there was nothing but the black void of night.
God desired something that would shine through the darkness.
Then God spoke the command, “Let there be light.”

I wish I could go back to the days of creation,
when God formulated a plan for the birth
of the creatures to dwell in the land and sea,
the variety of species that would populate His earth.

I wish I could go back to the days of creation,
when God was conceiving and forming His plan,
when He desired a likeness in His own image.
Then He formed and created the first man.

I wish I could go back to the days of creation,
back to a much simpler day and time,
when man walked with God in a garden
and peace and harmony reigned sublime.

Lanette Kissel lives in southern Indiana with her adopted Yorkie-Poo, Benjy. She enjoys writing Inspirational poetry, essays, articles, and some secular fiction. Her work has been published in small print publications and in online magazines. Some of her fiction has been published as e-books at Red Rose Publishing.

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful & thought-provoking piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favorite poems that I have read tonight. I really enjoyed reading this tremendous piece. You have inspired me to write some heavenly poetry. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your poem is so fresh and refreshing. It brings a peaceful mind to me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lanette, I absolutely loved your poem. Contemplating with you the desire to go back in time to a garden place where there ruled peace and harmony sublime, is really a desire of all who seek the peace that only the Lord can give. I often catch glimpses of that peace and feel so blessed to have those moments as a guiding light to keep me on the straight and narrow. Thank you for sharing your wonderful poem and talent.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lanette. What a nicely-written poem. Certainly makes one think about doing some things over. I always enjoy your poetry. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete