Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sweat and Its Fruits--By Andrew Ntchindi Jere--Malawi

Sweat and Its Fruits

Fruits, to be loosened in coming times’ light
on the knot of future strings so bright.
Eyed from hope’s view sight.

My sweat drops in the field
knowing sweetness comes in return as a yield
at the edge of a fruit cycle shield.

I sweat with failure thoughts pinned down
the entire journey to my dreamed for orchard town,
letting me throw my worries off-board to drown.

My hands shave off flowing seas from my face
to a lower place
on which my feet ride this sweat-full fruits race.

Sweat, a sour pure portion for success.
Fruits, a veneer for sweat produced in the process,
makes up for the pain (with sweetness in excess).

A flower on my nostrils – scenting,
its sweet smell keeps me going
that I will reap from my present sowing.

Andrew Ntchindi Jere is a youthful Malawian poet. His poems have been extensively published in his country’s leading local newspapers, magazines and online publications. His poem, “The Charcoal Maker” was nominated in the 2013 Wisdom Dede Kamkondo Poetry Competition; the most prestigious Malawian poetry competition. He is a second year student at Mzuzu University, Malawi. He believes that God is his source of creativity.

5 comments:

  1. This is a creatively sincere write. I truly loved reading this incredible poem here this evening. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rusty Sivey

      Its an honour to hear such an encouragement from you. Thanks so much.

      Andrew Ntchindi Jere - Malawi

      Delete
  2. Nicely written and creative. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maurice Reynolds,

      Thanks so much for your comment. You have been an encourager of many poets on this platform; that includes me. It means a lot to me.

      Andrew Ntchindi Jere - Malawi

      Delete
  3. Dear Andrew, thank you for sharing your talent with this well written, expressive poem that truly depicts the toil and labor it takes to bring forth fruition in any worthy endeavor. I enjoyed the read.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete