Monday, July 20, 2015

Clouds--By Tom Davis--United States

Clouds

Columns of Cumulus clouds
Stacked one upon the other
Toward heaven
Reach far into a Carolina blue sky

A grand buzzard
Black as Satin’s heart
Circles below
Searching for his dinner

In his younger years, Tom Davis served as a Special Force Combat Diver. It seems to him that he spent more time on, in, and under the water than as a landlubber. This and other adventures he has written about in his memoir, The Most Fun I Ever Had With My Clothes On: A March From Private to Colonel. http://www.oldmp.com/davismemoirs

3 comments:

  1. I especially enjoyed the beginning of your poem, the clouds seemed so beautiful as if I was there. I really enjoyed reading this delightful poem here this evening. What a grandiose piece, great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I have never known a buzzard to eat the living, I still get nervous when they circle over head, which happens often, as I live near a roost.

    ReplyDelete