Monday, July 27, 2015

Children’s Books--By Raamesh Gowri Raghavan--India

Children’s Books

I'll stick to reading children's books.
I've made forays into adulthood:
all it seem to have
is the acrid smell of burning dreams.

...there are no fairies in the world of adults,
though plenty of witches;
no redemption, merely a grave;
love is so full of conditions
it doesn't seem like
happily ever after.
Puppies grow up you know,
And teddy bears wear out.
The books have no pictures
- or they do: terrible word-pictures
of the fallacy of human existence

I'll stick to children's books.

Raamesh Gowri Raghavan moonlights as an award-winning copywriter by day and daylights as an award-wanting poet by night. He thinks he is funny, but his friends vehemently disagree.

10 comments:

  1. award-wanting poet - made me chuckle, LOL. Loved this thoughtful poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! You made me smile with this illustrious poem. I surely enjoyed reading this fabulous piece of wondrous workmanship. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words paint a many colored canvas of sights and sounds that the reader can relate to their sad grown up world. Emile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you Raamesh, I prefer to stick to children's books too, LOL A great write and I truly could appreciate the word picture you painted. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice poem, Raamesh. That opening stanza is very powerful. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your comments are very heartwarming.

      Delete