Friday, July 17, 2015

O, patient sea…--By Richard Carl Subber--United States

O, patient sea…

    wait for me.
I will always return.
I cannot forget the sea.
The constant sea will wait for me,
    I will always return.

The breaking sea o'erflows my view,
    it tumbles and splashes and glides to me,
        I will return to gaze anew.
I will return to face the sea.
O, patient sea,
    you need not wait for long for me.

Richard Carl Subber (Rick) is a freelance editor, a writing coach and an amateur  historian. He’s a former newspaper reporter/editor who transferred his love of language to more satisfying expressions. Rick is a proud grandpa who is patiently teaching his granddaughter how to write, in case there is poetry in her future. His blogs are: http://barleyliterate.blogspot.com/ and http://historybottomlines.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful poem. I like how it flows so perfectly and it paints a magnificent image into my mind. What a wonderful piece, great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Russell, much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Robert Hinshaw, for the following--

    Richard: I love great sea poems and your poem, "O Patient Sea" is a great one! Best to you as you continue your poetical journey - Bob Hinshaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Richard. I enjoyed "O, patient sea." It is well-written and expressive with a lot of passion. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "O, patient sea," so cool. I like your interaction with the sea

    Andrew Ntchindi Jere - Malawi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks, Rusty, Robert, Rev. Reynolds, Ntchindi -- we learn from each other how remarkable it is to share the lust and life and languor and lingering love in beautiful words

    ReplyDelete