Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Shining Fruits From A Solid Tree--By Robert Lindley--United States

Shining Fruits From A Solid Tree

As I rest on this high mountaintop
blessings come, they never stop
All my family are blessings to me
shining fruits from a solid tree

The clouds parting early each dawn
sunshine on flowers on the lawn
Looking closer I am content to see
smooth waves upon my family sea

Whenever this life sends some bad
I reflect on blessings I've had
Bow my head and settle in to pray
good Lord, thank you for every day

As my time for leaving comes near
I stand in faith not abject fear
Seeing my family in heaven my goal
praying God's mercy on every soul

As I rest on this high mountaintop
blessings come, they never stop
All my family are blessings to me
shining fruits from a solid tree

Robert Lindley is poet from the Southern USA. He has been writing poetry since 1969. Robert writes with the intent to offer others words to enjoy and with high hopes he may inspire and brighten lives in some way.

5 comments:

  1. Dazzling reflections from the true Tree of Life... Love this, Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic write, I really loved this piece. You have amazed me by the talent you bestowed by writing this magnificent poem. What a wonderful write, great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  3. A heart warming poem that carries a message of love of family, mixed with pride and faith. This poem flows well and carries its message straight to the heart. Emile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just happen to believe "Families are forever" so thank you for this wonderful poem that pays tribute to families. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed getting into this poem, there are so many could do from learning from it today, and taking even a hint away with them. Well done, an enjoyable visit, kindest thoughts...

    ReplyDelete