Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Poems--By Shirley Smothers--United States

Inspired by Marilyn Monroe’s Poetry

The heart ache and pain
If only to find relief
Help this weary gal.

I tried to love You
But You left, never returned
Good nite my once love

Eyes windows of soul
But the nite has eyes that see
My darkest of fears

A blue velvet couch
Left my doll in her carriage
The doll was stolen

Shirley Smothers is a poet. A few of her poems have appeared in Lone Stars Magazine, The Poets Art, and The Poetry Explosion Newsletter.

4 comments:

  1. This is simply a brilliant and remarkable write. I thought you did an excellent job with this poem. You are a great poet. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shirley. Thank you for sharing your poems. I really like that second one, but all four of them. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley,
    Liked your poems written in haiku form. I am not familiar with Marilyn Monroe's poetry, but I'm sure she would be jealous!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete