Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Just the Bear Facts Ma'am--By Charlene McCutcheon--United States

Just the Bear Facts Ma'am

Don't tell me he knelt on a pad on his knees,
and with wax, polished your laminate floors?
Golly, it sure is nice to have such a caring man
who enjoys helping his wife with all her chores.

Hon, you better hang on to this incredibly man.
Not many like him left or in this world around.
'Course I might be just a little prejudice 'cause
he's my dear brother; best in the west I've found.

Charlene McCutcheon is a 73 year old, wife, mother of seven, grandmother of thirty and great-grandmother of 14. She has just discovered her voice through poetry within the last few years. Her former ways of expression have been through the media of arts and crafts. Her desire to share herself with others for their benefit has been the motivating factor in all her endeavors. She loves life, work, play and most of all people.

14 comments:

  1. This was a fantastically fun write. I surely enjoyed reading this wondrous poem this evening. You have delighted me with humor and a bit of love. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rusty for your very kind remarks. They are greatly appreciated..
      Charlene

      Delete
  2. How delightful your ending was in this humorous tribute of sibling sweetness Charlene. I enjoyed every line! Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Connie, for your comment. I do have the sweetest brother who would do anything to make his darling wife happy even do the dishes. :D
      Love, Charlene

      Delete
  3. Hi Charlene, Your poem is delightful to read! Nice humorous touch! God bless you, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Chris, I really appreciate your kind remarks about the poem. I have a fun brother who has in so many ways made me smile and admire him. I truly am blessed. I know "Families Are Forever".
      Love, Charlene

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a romantic and caring man. Had fun reading it. Its full of humor and creativity. Love it.

    Andrew Ntchindi Jere - Malawi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I really appreciate your evaluation of my poem and brother. You hit the nail on the head when you said he was romantic and caring. Thank you so much.
      Charlene

      Delete
  5. A lovely humorous piece. Much enjoyed!Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY!!! What a delightful poem. I love it from the top to the bottom. Very nicely done, Charlene. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maurice. I always value your opinion.
      Charlene

      Delete
  7. Thank you, Gerald Heyder, for the following--

    Dear Charlene, your poems have a nice slice of humor in a subtle way! I love to read verse like that makes me smile, and yours always do. Don't ever lose that talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Eleanor Michael, for the following--

    I like the gentle humor of the poem--and you sister-in-law is a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete