Monday, July 6, 2015

My Faceless Friend--By Patricia Ann Farnsworth-Simpson--Canary Islands

My Faceless Friend

I have a friend that is faceless,
Yet is always there for me,
Whenever I speak out in need,
So I don't care if its He or She!

All I know is that, it is wonderful,
To know this friend is there,
Ready to help and listen too,
The burdens I always share.

Always caringly taking on board
Everything that I have to say,
Then helping me to wrap it up
In a lovely consoling way!

It's always good to have a friend
Be they faceless, where you can’t see,
For friendship created from the heart,
Will last for all eternity!

Then one day when you are ready
Then when it's truly, the time to be,
That very special faceless friend,
Will be there for you to see!

Patricia Ann Farnsworth-Simpson is a coal miner’s daughter, the only girl among 6 lads.  A young mother to a son, she became a widow before she turned 18.  Patricia, then, married her childhood sweetheart who fathered her lovely son and two wonderful daughters.  Her children encouraged her to pursue her own talents.  After 51 years of marriage, she became a widow again recently.  She fills her time with poetry, helping others whenever she can.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a heartwarming and beautiful poem. I really enjoyed reading this write this morning! Such a pleasing piece, great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your piece Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia. It is so good to see you and some of your work here at Whispers. I have enjoyed "My Faceless Friend." Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Aju Mukhopadhyay, for the following--

    It's a good poem which carries the poet's sigh-alone is she-let her be happy with poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P:atricia,
    I enjoyed reading this poem. Sometimes it's best not knowing the identity of a person until that person is ready to reveal themselves.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete