Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Haven--By Pam Murray--Canada

The Haven

I lift my eyes to a piece of sky
Framed by the trees that I’m walking through
Feeling a summer rain’s soft kiss.
Morning has come and I think of you

Still fast asleep in your warm, safe bed.
Knowing you’ll smile when I return,
Fix me a coffee and sit with me,
I feel emotions begin to churn.

I count my blessing and take a breath
Of moisture filled morning, take it deep
And listen as wind whispers in my ear,
Secrets that called me up out of sleep.

My soul wants to walk for a little while
But I think of you and my feet must turn,
Hurrying back through the gentle rain,
Back to the haven for which I yearn.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Pam Murray has been writing poetry since the mid-1960’s.  She was married for over 41 years and has two daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson.  Pam has been published in a variety of venues.  Her proudest writing accomplishment was a poem she wrote for a United Way fundraiser, which was later framed with a French translation and hung on the wall of the legislature in Ottawa, Canada.  To her, poetry is a transposition of a vision she sees in her mind.  Writing and crocheting are her passions.

6 comments:

  1. Pam,
    I don't know how I missed this. This is good with excellent rhmes throughout.
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have one forced rhyme within this amazing write. I surely enjoyed reading this illustrious poem here this evening. You have painted a fantastic image within my mind especially with the soft rain, that affected me the most. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never disappoint Pam! I loved how you involve the elements elevating this poem to loftier heights. This is stunning Pam! Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good sense of rhyme and rhythm and can put meaning into your word choices. You gather all the loving memories cherished in your life and surround yourself with that love. Emile.

    ReplyDelete