Monday, October 26, 2015

Changes--By Peggy Dugan French--United States

Changes

another airport goodbye is upon us . . .
you’re heading back to New York, where your heart is
our lingering hug will have to cement us until the holidays
that familiar feeling rises up within me . . .
eyes misty, I watch you ease through the security line
our final wave is faithfully shared
then I watch you bounce off to the next leg of your journey
remembering times when you bounced out the front door
so effortlessly, with an easy wave and smile
soon to return to me . . .
today is more poignant, brimming with remembrance and hope
my heavy heart swirls with the airport bustle
calculating the wide distance between us
but as you lift off into the welcoming sky
transporting your dreams to the next destination
my heart sails right along with you
still wishing I could make all your dreams come true

Peggy Dugan French is a California girl with Minnesota roots. She has enjoyed being the editor of Shemom since 1997. She has worn many hats over the years, but being a Mom has been one of her greatest adventures; she’s had the pleasure of sharing that journey with her best friend.

10 comments:

  1. "transporting your dreams to the next destination" -- I LOVE this line! Thank you for sharing this poem. - Laura M Kaminski

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this poem, could stand in your shoes with your specific and wonderful description. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous write my friend. You have delighted me by your exceptional poem here. I really enjoyed reading this masterful piece this morning. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Russell, I REALLY appreciate your kind words! Glad you enjoyed the poem this morning.

      Delete
  4. Every parent will recognize "The Parent's Prayer," yours is very nicely done, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rick, I really appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  5. Touching and dear poem. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for sharing, Peggy. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete