Saturday, October 24, 2015

Silent Cry--By Maurice J. Reynolds--United States

*Silent Cry

Eyes once bright as diamonds
are now as dark as coal.
A healthy beating heart now
skips and sputters, weighed down
by the confusion of what’s going
on. Continued night visits by this
monster that feeds on the fear of
those who are vulnerable and
unprotected. When will this stop?
When will someone help me? If
I say anything, I’m told no one
will believe me. Here comes the
monster again. I have to go now
and do what I am told. If I don’t
promises have been made to hurt
those I love. I’m silently crying.
Someone, please help me.

*Dedicated to someone I know who
experienced sexual abuse as a child. 

 
Maurice J. Reynolds is a freelance writer who has had material published in various publications.  He is the owner of To God be the Glory! Publications, a literary ministry that produces the poetry publication Creative Inspirations.  More information can be found at: www.tgbtgpublictions.com.

11 comments:

  1. Devastating, Rev. Reynolds....I read it as a commandment to help those we love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. I read it as a call to arms as well. -MJ

      Delete
  2. A very expressive poem, portraying the pain and confusion of those abused. Deep inside, they have to carry the scar for life. You do well to bring awareness to a topic that needs constant attention. // paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. This is an issue dear to my heart. -MJ

      Delete
  3. Hi Maurice...Your poem about the monster is powerfully written. I can vaguely imagine the torment, deep seated fear & anxiety of the unfortunate abuse victim. Thank you for sharing your poem about this wicked sin! God bless you, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christine. Thank you for sharing some comments on this poem. It is a very ugly, wicked and sinful situation for anyone to be in. -MJ

      Delete
  4. This is a very good write, so sad though. I really enjoyed reading this incredible poem this morning. What a fabulous piece, Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Russell. I appreciate the feedback. -MJ

      Delete
  5. Maurice. this poem is heartfelt, you have given a voice to someone in need. A wonderful composition of words. I know all to well, I worked in a hospice for abandoned children. Blessings always, Leokadia

    ReplyDelete