Friday, October 23, 2015

Goodnight My Love--By Leokadia Durmaj--Australia

Goodnight My Love

I am so sorry for your pain my love,
It was not my intention to leave,
I tried so very hard but the angels came ~
It was my time to go, I kissed you goodbye
I felt your heartbeat and the love inside.

You came into my life at a time ~
When love was lost forever, all hope was gone,
All my trust disappeared through pain over many years
Your gentle loving heart breathed life into my soul.
No words did I speak, yet you understood through my tears.

If I could only spare you from this pain,
But I have no control except to love you
You are every dream I have dreamed
Loving you has been the most precious gift ~
You captured my heart; we are one in soul and spirit.

My spirit will always evolve lovingly within you,
Until the day when we can be together for all eternity;
If only one more day I could have stayed,
To hold you tenderly in my arms, please remember dear!
My love lives in every thought and memory we shared.

Leokadia Durmaj is a published writer from Australia.

8 comments:

  1. A very moving poem that touched my heart Lee. So beautifully written. So sorry to learn of your loss, We shall all meet again soon, in a much better place than here. My very best wishes and prayers. Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter for your kind and thoughtful words, very much appreciated. Blessings always, Lee

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your tender, heartfelt poem Lee. I remember going to wake my late husband up only to realize he died in his sleep, a shocking experience, but the Lord was there by my side to ease the pain. He filled my spirit with a calmness & peace I've never felt before! I knew he was safely home with the Lord, & one day we'd meet again! In my prayers & thoughts, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is never easy to lose the people we love, it is true we will all meet again in God's house, how wonderful that will be. Thank you Christine, sending blessings with love, Lee

      Delete
  3. Leokadia, what a wonderfully tender and touching poem. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Maurice, I do appreciate your it, blessings always, Leokadia

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful write my friend. I surely enjoyed reading this fantastic poem this morning. You have written a harmonious piece. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rusty for your kind words in review, I do appreciate it, Blessings always.

      Delete