Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Haiku & Senryu--By Shloka Shankar--India

briefly stepping into my shoes winter sun
_______________________

donning a nom de plume my muse
_______________________

moving day
marked downside up
a box of pillows
_______________________

daylight savings
my biological clock
runs backwards
_______________________

Shloka Shankar is a freelance writer residing in India. Her work appears in over two dozen international anthologies including publications by Paragram, Silver Birch Press, Minor Arcana Press, Harbinger Asylum, Kind of a Hurricane Press and Writing Knights Press among others. Her poems, erasures, haiku & tanka have appeared in numerous print and online journals. She is also the editor of the literary and arts journal, Sonic Boom.

8 comments:

  1. clever, clever and well-written. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastical writes my friend! I really enjoyed reading these tremendous poems this morning. You have written some remarkable Haiku and Senryu here. Great work.

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shloka. Thank you for the wonderful poetry. I especially liked the last one. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are wonderful, thanks for shating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the first; its all about the nouns! Nice to share your Haiku moment. Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are really special Shloka. I adore haiku that has the ability to make you think for a second for that aha moment! Splendid my friend! Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete