Monday, October 5, 2015

Let's Talk About Cops--By Vernon Norris--United States

Let's Talk About Cops

They are "Citizens on Patrol",
That's what the word "cop" stands for,
They are people just like you.
They could be your uncle, your cousin, or your friend,
They could be your brother, your sister, or even your mother,
So if you are against ...C.O.P.s,
Take a look in the mirror and say:
"I'm against my uncle, my cousin, my friend,
my brother, my sister and even my Mother."
"Come on man get real!”
Take a look at yourself.
Who have you become?

Vernon Norris, age 56, was born and raised in Houston, Texas.  He works full time in the auto industry. Vernon has published work published in Conceit Magazine and the Ultimate Writer, specializing in silly, scary and inspirational poetry. He hopes to soon to release his first book. "I hope my writing will inspire you or make your day".

6 comments:

  1. Dear Vernon,

    I see Rhoda connected with what you had to say in your poem. I agree with her, too. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent here. Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vernon,
    This is great! I loved how you say a "c.o.p." can be a relative. Welcome to Whispers!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks David
      for the nice comments
      Have a good one.

      Delete
  3. Hi Vernon. Welcome to Whispers. Thank you for your insightful poem. It is very correct and a joy to read. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought provoking poem Vernon, & I agree! Thanks for sharing...Welcome to Whispers! Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete