Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Friend the Wind--By Paul Callus--Malta

My Friend the Wind

On the green bank beside the river
my senses leap and heart strings quiver.
I lay my head on nature’s pillow
and hear the wind blow in the willows.

I look above where clouds are sailing.
The fragrant scents I am inhaling.
The wind-strewn gifts strongly attractive,
they reach my soul and hold me captive.

In undertones the wind talks gently;
secrets unfold; he whispers softly
into my ears. Now fascinated
I close my eyes, intoxicated.

The friendly wind, contact established,
goes on his way, his job accomplished.

Paul Callus is a Maltese author who writes both in Maltese and English. He has contributed to several anthologies. Apart from poetry he writes lyrics for songs and has published two books, one a story book aimed at children (related to his experience as a teacher) and a historical book based on research.

9 comments:

  1. Hello Paul. Thank you for sharing "My Friend the Wind." I enjoyed it. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maurice for reading and enjoying this humble sonnet of mine. Regards and God bless. // paul

      Delete
  2. So well described your friend, it is a companion that brings for me an embrace that comes from far away and always soothes my entire soul, testifying our world lasts still alive. It is a precious a theme for us poets. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your feedback reflects my own feelings towards the wind, Edilson. The inspires many a heart and soul. Thank you for stopping by. ~ Regards // paul

      Delete
  3. You have written a magnificent write my friend. I really enjoyed reading this wonderful poem this morning. What a gorgeous piece, great work.

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much appreciate your lovely comments, Rusty! Thank you. // paul

      Delete
  4. A wonderful array of words in this sonnet Paul, I love nature and how it can transcend our thoughts as it evolves, for it touches our heart and soul. Blessings always, Leokadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leokadia. Your comments are both lovely and encouraging. God bless. ~ paul

      Delete
  5. Paul, what an enchanting poem this is! "In undertones the wind talks gently" Wow, I love this! Sorry to be posting
    this soooo late. I missed many at Christmas time because I
    had so much going on. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete