Monday, October 19, 2015

Special Feature Collaborative Poem--By Mary Jo Balistreri--United States and Angelee Deodhar, India

Haibun : Bricolage

Prose--By Mary Jo Balistreri, USA
Title and haiku--By Angelee Deodhar, India

This morning, walking with the wind blowing, temperature below 50 degrees, I put my hand in the pocket of my old jacket only to find a piece of typing paper with a poem printed on it--God's Grandeur, by Gerard Manley Hopkins. Long ago, I used to type favorite poems to memorize on my walks. Here it was so I began reciting the lines of the poem again, putting them to memory. And the world was wondrous and I saw it flame forth like the shining from tin foil.

The leaves were living proof of the loving freshness and deep down goodness of things-chickadees singing two note melodies, a cardinal. Giving a fuzzy brown caterpillar my arm to ride on, its furriness tickled me. The tin foil that went out in the cold came back warm, blazing like a foil of gold.

crunching underfoot
the breakfast cereal
sounds of autumn

Bricolage : In literature, bricolage is affected by intertextuality, the shaping of a text's meanings by reference to other texts.

9 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this collaboration, Mary Jo and Angelee. :) So glad that you are working together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both ave written a grandiose write. This poem brought images to my mind of autumn and all its splendor! I love autumn and I look so forward to experiencing it some more. What a lovely piece yor have written, Great work.

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  3. A compelling and clever collaboration. Very much enjoyed...thank you! // paul

    ReplyDelete

  4. A wonderful collaboration with some amazing imagery from both of you. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, Mary Jo and Angelee. You collaborate well. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Whispers Mary Jo! Angelee and you have teamed up for the remarkable and insightful poem. I hope you enjoy your time spent with us. Best wishes to both of you with all your writing endeavors.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Jo and Angelee,
    You complement each other well. Welcome to Whispers to Mary Jo!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear David,
      I did not see you here before. We are old friends by now.
      Thank you for your welcome.

      Delete
  8. Great piece, enjoyed it a lot, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete