Thursday, June 2, 2016

Saudade #1--By Raamesh Gowri Raghavan--India

Saudade #1

At first the distant mountain-tops
Fade into the coming rain cloud
And then the hills nearer to
My village draw their misty veil.
At last it pours over my home.

Silent's the square, empty the shops,
The street's bereft of all its crowd
Excepting for the luckless few
Who seek shelter to no avail.
At last it pours over my home.

Thus freed from care about their crops
That bloom and thrive under the shroud
My village came to life anew.

Their joyous shouts do ring out loud
- But I have strayed from all I knew
Accursed to roam from vale to vale.

Though I regret all that I threw
There is one reason not to wail -
At last it pours over my home.

Raamesh Gowri Raghavan moonlights as an award-winning copywriter by day and daylights as an award-wanting poet by night. He thinks he is funny, but his friends vehemently disagree.

7 comments:

  1. Saudade is a deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for an absent something or someone that one loves.

    Nicely done dak poem,Raamesh ,Karen,best wishes angelee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. I visualized everything you wrote. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. I visualized everything you wrote. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raamesh, thank you for sharing "Saudade #1 " with us. I enjoyed it. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete