Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Politics of Power--By Shloka Shankar--India

The Politics of Power

I am a series of nebulous beginnings.
I make pain sound like a virtue.
I am a vortex of possibilities.
I make innumerable heads turn my way.
I am the only visible needle in a haystack.
I make history.
I am my own master.
I make words dance on the page.
I am an infinite being.
I make darkness look pale.
I am my own antithesis.
I make my own destiny.
I am your worst nemesis.
I make peace with my karma.

Shloka Shankar is a freelance writer from Bangalore, India. She loves experimenting with all forms of the written word, and has found her niche in Japanese short-forms such as haiku, tanka, and haibun, as well as found/remixed poetry. She is also the founding editor of the literary & arts journal, Sonic Boom. You can read more of her work here

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this poem so well Shloka. You have written this so brilliantly and beautifully! Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Shloka. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete