Sunday, June 19, 2016

Summer Musings--By Annie Jenkin--England

Summer Musings

Here upon the rugged cliff tops
there is beauty in isolation.
As June sun pulls at sea mist shrouds,
a fog horn sends a wake-up call
and sweet bird song slips from wild gorse.
Down jagged rock of blackened hue
the shoreline glitters with beads, where
sand dippers and sea gulls sun bathe.
Cormorants flitter across water
and shadows follow in their wake.
Sea weed caught by rippling currents
display iridescent patterns.
A lone swimmer cuts through calm sea
his isolation the same as me,
so twinned are we this summers' day
I wonder, what beauty does he see?

Annie Jenkin lives in Plymouth, England. Having not written poetry for many years, Annie has returned to poetry writing with enthusiasm. Her writing explores several subject areas that are insightful, humorous but can also be sensitive.

7 comments:

  1. Nice poem, Annie. I enjoyed reading it. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maurice, I am pleased to hear of your enjoyment of my words. Take care

      Delete
  2. I like the isolation theme within your creative work! This is such a wonderful piece. I really enjoyed reading this awesome poem this morning. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rusty, it was a 'feel good' solitude I was feeling as I walked a Devon Coastal path. When I looked over the cliff and saw the swimmer, he also gave me a sense of his isolation as well.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Rusty, it was a 'feel good' solitude I was feeling as I walked a Devon Coastal path. When I looked over the cliff and saw the swimmer, he also gave me a sense of his isolation as well.

      Delete
  3. Annie, you have written a little jeweled gift that needs to be opened slowly to take notice of every glittering nuance. I love your captivating poem filled with the wonder of the sea scape. It is splendid! Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a privilege to catch a glimpse of the world in which you live.
    It is an adorable place.

    ReplyDelete