Monday, June 13, 2016

Thoughts as a Mother is Laid to Rest--By Suzanne Clement--United States

Thoughts as a Mother is Laid to Rest

        April 11th
a cold, raw Monday morning,
        and I gather with
Marianne, Eddie, Sharon,
Jeff, Pastor Michael Bennett

        and Stephen Purdy.
Today, we’re burying Mum
        who died April 5th.
Wake was on April the 9th.
Funeral took place April 10th.

        Mum’s casket and flowers
look beautiful this morning.
        Service is nice, too.
Thank you for everything, Mum.
I love you for eternity.

Suzanne Clement is a writer from Dover, New Hampshire.

3 comments:

  1. Suzanne, what a touching poem. Thank you for sharing it with us here at Whispers. Sorry for your loss. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely tribute to your dear mother. I lost my mother April 1st. on good Friday. I think she wanted to be
    remembered, as if we would ever forget! I am sorry about your loss. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friends,

    Thank you for your embracing comments on Suzanne's heartfelt poem. I will send them to her. I am adding my prayers and sympathy to you at this challenging time. May God be with you during the difficult days ahead.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete