Sunday, June 12, 2016

Windy Garment--By Akpa Arinzechukwu--Nigeria

Windy Garment

She was last seen on Monday. She left in a windy garment.
She was dressed in a white corn drawn shirt.
A faint Blue Jeans trousers.
Red striped scarf. The gods were on her head.
They were in her shadows. But she left in a windy garment.

She left in a windy garment. This is Sunday. Her patron saint
Has not been seen.
She too has not been seen.
Perhaps, they are having communion.

She was seen on Monday. She left in a windy garment.
But it is now gone.
She was in no dress. Her body was bare.
Found in a clay.
Legs apart. Face masked. Body tagged:
More is yet to come!
She was not the only girl gone dressed in a windy garment. 

Akpa Arinzechukwu is a Nigerian poet and photographer. He campaigns against sexual abuses of the girl child.

7 comments:

  1. Akpa,
    What a wonderful cause you are campaigning for. Welcome to Whispers!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Akpa,

    It is so good to see your gripping and powerful poem already has a comment from David. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent here. Wishing you the best in your writing journey.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Akpa, welcome to Whispers! Thank you for the touching and very meaningful poem, "Wendy Garment." I apologize for my previous comment. I am not sure how that happened as the following is what I had originally written: I applaud your cause. My wife and I are advocates for abuse. My wife works with victims of human trafficking.

    Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every parents worst nightmare is to have their child missing and then found abused. My heart aches for these parents and I give thanks every day that my children and grandchildren keep safe. I was very moved by your well written sad poem Akpa. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for the kind comments and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete