Monday, April 24, 2017

Beyond the Mirror--By Glenda Frazier--United States

Beyond the Mirror

Looking through a distorted mirror
I stare closer to see my scars
People told me I was beautiful
But they couldn’t see my tainted heart

As I peer deeper into my eyes
My flaws manifested through my flesh
All my blemishes from life’s struggles
Brand me from my painful past

The fear of rejection, sicknesses and failures
Bruises inflicted from everyday stress
Yet my image couldn’t portray the peace I felt
Despite my ordeals, I held on tightly to my faith
                                                                       
At last I saw my true beauty through perfect eyes
Displayed was my perfection from a loving God
Who told me my scars gave me tough skin
Scars far more valuable because they were deep

He showed me how Jesus healed my many wounds
I wear them now as a badge of honor
A vision of loveliness far more stunning to behold
My tough skin can no longer be broken                                             

Glenda Frazier and her husband Andre reside in Pace, Florida.  She has been writing poetry for over 20 years and has finally compiled some of them in her most recent book, Poems that Bleed.  She enjoys writing and spending time with her family and friends.  God has instructed her to share her book of poems as an inspirational tool to witness to the lives of her readers.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Glenda,
    Very good message, deep, knowledgeable and true
    Far beyond the shallowness of mirror on the wall. Every
    person is so much more than shown by a mirro. What
    a step "Beyond the Mirror"! Great writing.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yancy,

      Thank you for the encouraging words. So many people go through life not seeing themselves as God sees them. I am happy this poems opens up a door to help folks see beyond the mirror. Be Blessed Yancy.

      Delete
    2. Yes, be blessed Glenda,
      God is there to help us when we are ready in
      faith to know it. Through faith and a blessing,
      my diabetes has left me.
      Yancy

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Glenda,
    For this poem so obviously born of a heart that has suffered and yet bitterness has not set in--your lovely poem has helped you work it through.
    Blessings,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. It is always a pleasure to have you speak so highly of my poems. It's what keeps me writing. I pray God will bless you to continue sharing your thoughts on Whispers my friend.
      Blessings,
      Glenda

      Delete