Friday, April 7, 2017

celebration anxiety--By Lois Greene Stone--United States

celebration anxiety 

I don't want to be
younger again, yet
I don't want to be
older.  I've skills
and knowledge that
took decades to
develop, but birthdays
remind me that time
to use them has less
ahead than what has
already been.

Lois Greene Stone, writer and poet, has been syndicated worldwide. Poetry and personal essays have been included in hard & softcover book anthologies. Collections of her personal items/ photos/ memorabilia are in major museums including twelve different divisions of The Smithsonian.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lois of the United States I couldn't agree more about
    "Celebration anxiety" Well said. Let us become non aging.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lois,
    I really like this provocative poem.
    Thank you,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you here again Lois, I really liked your piece, very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete