Monday, March 21, 2016

Amazing Tranquil Blues--By Andrea Dietrich--United States

Amazing Tranquil Blues

Standing on a mountain peak
I find myself surrounded by
a breezy cerulean sky.
How peaceful and restful 
is heaven’s hue.
Nature has breathed her essence on me.

Later I bathe in deep aqua blue
and again I am amazed.
How soothing and serene
is nature’s watery embrace.
How warm the caress 
of a tropical sea.

Midnight’s blue has found me now.
My soul is imbued with tranquility
as I stand again on the mountain peak
gazing up at an indigo immenseness
where myriads of diamonds
glitter their beauty to me.
How wonderful all of it is.

Andrea Dietrich grew up in Iowa and now resides in Utah with a spouse and two cats. She has two grown children and six grandchildren. Having graduated BYU with a Spanish major/ESL minor, she has spent most of her adult life teaching. It wasn't until 2000 that she began writing in earnest and discovering her "niche" as a writer of lyrical poetry. The internet opened up a new world for her, and she has spent nearly a decade now participating in poetry clubs, acting as a judge of poetry contests for various magazines and for the website Shadow Poetry.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea, I enjoyed your lovely poem. Closing my eyes I could visualize the scene you painted with your words. Thanks for sharing...Good wishes, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, Thank you for sharing your well written, beautiful and picturesque poem which I thoroughly enjoyed. I could well visualize the scene even as Christine. It indeed I felt tranquil as I read it.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem has the calmness of the relaxing blues you write about Andrea. This is lovely. Cheers, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The restful mood of blues permeates your poem.
    Love it.b SuZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue is my favourite colour, Andrea. Your blue is cool and tranquil... I love it! ~ paul

    ReplyDelete