Thursday, March 3, 2016

Walking in Such Green Paradise--By Robert Lindley--United States

Walking in Such Green Paradise

On a clear and frosty morn
I climb yet another hill.
Below smokes flows from homes
as this life gives another thrill.

Clouds float by east to west,
sun peeks shyly in and out.
Early red sun comes too fast
in sheer joy, I give out a shout.

As darkness races on to spread
I descend down from the hills.
Thanks to He that blesses me
I find in my life, joy and such thrills.

Walking in such green paradise,
this heart feels another prayer.
Lord of each and every tree
counsels me each and every hour.

Robert Lindley is poet from the Southern USA. He has been writing poetry since 1969. Robert writes with the intent to offer others words to enjoy and with high hopes he may inspire and brighten lives in some way.

3 comments:

  1. Wonder poem, dynamic even... Closing passage says it all for me.

    Thank you for sharing this one, Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert,
    A beautiful poem with a well-chosen title. The message rings true through every word. Nice choice of rhyming words, too.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete