Monday, March 7, 2016

Impossible Love--By Jack Horne--England

Impossible Love

Your curls, your smile, your lovely eyes,
the way you walk, the way you dance
enslave me; yes, I've lost my heart;
if only love could stand a chance.

I hold your photo, lined with age,
and watch the movie tapes of you:
you died so many years ago;
it's hard to take, but sadly true.

You didn't live to lose your youth
and you shall never age a day;
if I had met you, would you have
been kind? But I can never say...

Jack Horne enjoys reading and writing poetry.

3 comments:

  1. Jack,

    Wow! What a maverous poem. So deep and touching it is. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A touching, heartfelt poem Jack. Thanks for sharing your talent! Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jack,

    A heartfelt poem of love from afar, so nicely written, my friend.

    Love Sandra

    ReplyDelete