Sunday, March 13, 2016

Come, Hold Me--By Neil Creighton--Australia

Come, Hold Me 

Come, hold me,
for the world is so mingle mixed,
so contrastingly, proportionally fixed-
pain flooded, beauty buoyant,
achingly sad, fleetingly joyous,
poignantly littered, pathos strewn,
touchingly tender, savagely hewn-
for under this blue, beauty-laden sky
we laugh, labour, mourn and sigh,
seek answers to an unknowable why,
see much to make the tender heart cry-
so hold me. Make all seem bright.
Tenderly grant me your sweet respite.
Bathe me in your wonder and light.
Momentarily wash away the night.

Neil Creighton and his wife, Diana, live in a small village outside of Sydney, Australia. He was an English and Drama teacher. He has had a lifelong love of poetry. His subjects of love, justice, the beauty and mystery of the world, evocation of place and the search for meaning are expressed in a variety of styles. His poems have been published in The Second Genesis, An Anthology of Contemporary World Poetry and Prosopisia, An International Poetry Journal. He blogs at. "Wind of Flowers--Poems by Neil Creighton."

7 comments:

  1. Neil, I could feel this poem! Nice imagery, and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil,
    This is excellent! I really liked it! Welcome to Whispers!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Neil,

    It is good to see you have a couple of lovely comments already. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent with us. Best wishes with all you writing endeavors.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil, "beauty buoyant" works for me, you're pushing the right buttons....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neil! Wonderful poem! So glad to see you here at Whispers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neil welcome to Whispers. You will really enjoy our caring community. I loved your expressive poem. It touched my heart.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete