Saturday, March 5, 2016

Graying in My Life--By Michael Lee Johnson--United States

Graying in My Life

Graying in
my life
growing old
like a stagnant
bucket of
rain water with moss
floating on top-
Oh, it’s not such
a bad deal,
except when
loneliness
catches you
chilled in the
middle of a sentence
by yourself-
ticking away
like an old grandfather clock,
hands stretched straight in the air
striking midnight
like a final prayer.

Michael Lee Johnson is a poet, editor, publisher, freelance writer, amateur photographer, small business owner in Itasca, Illinois.  He has been published in more than 880 small press magazines in 27 countries, and he edits 10 poetry sites.  Michael is the author of TheLost American:  From Exile to Freedom, several chapbooks of poetry, including From Which Place the Morning Rises and Challenge of Night and Day, and Chicago.  See his website for more about him http://poetryman.mysite.com/

9 comments:

  1. Michael,
    Love this poem and your poetic stamina, you must hold the record for number of countries published in and/or sites that you own. How do you get your work in all those countries and how do you manage to edit so many websites?
    Welcome to Whispers if yu are new, a warm welcome from me even if you are not. Would love to have you in my magazine, if you want to pay the fee. Questions about pricing and anything else can be found with my ad, "The Poet's Art."
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,
    It is actually best to contact by my e-mail ipoetdavid2@gmail.com, since I just realized Karen added that to my ad for all questions.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this several times....LOVE it...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thank you for sharing this wonderful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go again, doing what you do the best; making even the mundane inevitable an adventure. Bravo. You are most definitely an entertaining unique individual; a never ending source of fascinating word play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this poem. It is stimulating and is definitely another feather in the cap of Michael Lee Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Michael,

    Congratulations on all the comments you are getting on your wonderful poem. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent here. Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank my followers and friends for leaving such wonderful encouragement. It is appreciated. Michael Lee Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael,

    Good at putting words. Enjoyed it at its best. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete