Friday, March 4, 2016

motherhood lasts forever--By Lois Greene Stone--United States

motherhood lasts forever

I had the feeling that
my daughter needed magic
kisses, when we spoke
on the telephone. Once
I kissed her girlhood
face to make hurts vanish.
She's a grown woman,
so my sparkle-dust
is now used for
listening and knowing
when not to talk.

Previously published Anthology Magazine, May-June 1998

Lois Greene Stone, writer and poet, has been syndicated worldwide. Poetry and personal essays have been included in hard & softcover book anthologies. Collections of her personal items/ photos/ memorabilia are in major museums including twelve different divisions of The Smithsonian.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Lois! Enjoyed your poem quite a bit and can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate too, Lois. Thank you for writing this. We aren't alone.

    ReplyDelete