Thursday, March 24, 2016

Memories of Love--By Adam Levon Brown--United States

Memories of Love

I never wanted you to leave
but it seems it was in your cards

Pain has dulled to a cool numb after
all of these years

I sit and remember the laughs we had
and the times we shared

It bites at my core, the way we became I
and I became something I didn't even recognize

Broken promises and broken dreams
led to a full heart and a new, better dreams

But I still remember the times where I
thought you were everything

I experienced the sharpest pain I have ever felt
and greater joy than I had ever imagined possible

I made it through the paradoxical maelstrom
that is first love

Adam Levon Brown is a poet and student residing in Eugene, Oregon. He enjoys the outdoors, playing with cats, and meeting new people. He runs a blog at www.AdamLevonBrown.com

5 comments:

  1. Adam, what a well written poem describing the effects of a first love. It surely can be painful as well as exhilarating. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam,
    A great poem depicting the lows and highs of love. Welcome to Whispers!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Adam,

    It is good to see you already have three lovely comments on your heartfelt poem. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent with us. Best wishes with all your writing endeavors.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, first love. We never forget, the "sharpest pain, the greatest joy." Glad you are back to writing.

    ReplyDelete