Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Haiku--By Ron C. Moss--Australia

tiny silverfish
you carry the moon
on your back
______________

dying cormorant 
the endless reflection
of mountains
______________

after heavy rain
the silent drips
of blue 
______________

freshly oiled
the feel of a wooden boat
in the darkness
______________

soft rain
on red roses . . .
we grow older
______________

gallery of my haiga (art and poetry) work.

______________

Ron C. Moss is a Tasmania visual artist, poet and lover of haiku. His poetry has won international awards and been translated into several languages. Ron's art is sold as limited edition-prints and originals. He has been featured in poetry journals and has designed several award winning poetry books.  Ron is a two time winner of the Haiku Society of America International renku competition, and he is a current member on the Haiku Society of America. Please check out Ron’s website--www.ronmoss.com

12 comments:

  1. love your haiku - the 'dying cormorant' is beautiful - Maureen Sudlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your haiku, especially the first. I don't know what kind of silver fish you are speaking of (perhaps an actual fish in the ocean deep) but I imagined a tiny bug we used to call a silverfish where I lived in the desert of Arizona, crawling around at night, reflecting the moon light (if that were possible). Interesting how the words of another can evoke images long forgotten. Thanks for the tid-bit of childhood memory that was evoked within myself. If I may be so bold as to mention on Whispers, it also brought to mind an analogy; that being, my "deep desire" to reflect the "light" of the "Sun" of God especially as we go into this Easter Season, celebrating His resurrection. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the tiny bug and thank you for your recollections that this little haiku inspired

      Delete
  3. Stunning haiku, Ron.
    I have your book and it is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you very much and I'm pleased you are enjoying my haiku collection, best wishes to you,
      Ron

      Delete
  4. A delightful string of haiku, Ron; much impressed. I will now go have a look at your website. Regards ~ paul

    ReplyDelete