Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Still--By Tammy Manikas--United States

Still

We started our journey with a kiss.
Wrapped in the lies of sweet bliss.
But the dream came fast to an end.
When I found for you it was all pretend.

We said our goodbyes.
Why was I the only to cry?
We both know what all we lost.
For me, it was the greater cost.

Years quickly go by with a blink of an eye.
The thought of you still makes me cry.
You go on with others in extreme.
Still coming to my door it always seems.

Lost in the feelings, trapped in time.
We lay together every time.
This feeling we cannot fight.
Our bodies in pure delight.

Why do you come back for me?
In your heart I still must be.
You can deny that I'm not there.
Then ask yourself, why are you here?

Tammy Manikas, Pen name- M.L. Poetry Has been published several times.  Enjoys writing as a way to express raw emotions she has felt, in the hopes it can help heal the wounds felt by so many.  She is a single mother that dealt with the ups and downs of life, expressing her feelings through her words.  Has been writing since an early age and holds a high interest in music. Dreams of one of her works being turned into a song to be enjoyed by many.  Follow on Facebook here.  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010161006824

4 comments:

  1. Thank you again Karen, it is a great pleasure to be on here again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tammy,

      It's good to have you a part of Whispers. Thank you for sharing your gift of words.

      Many blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Tammy, what a poignant poem. Indeed we wonder why certain memories keep coming back. Maybe to remind us of what not to do in the future, because it causes pain. At any rate I liked your well written poem. Thank you for sharing your talent that gave me added insight. After all that is what I love about coming here to Whispers. "My friends, myself".
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I appreciate your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed my poem.

      Delete