Thursday, March 17, 2016

Haiku--By Barbara Tate--United States

dawn
waiting for polliwogs
a spring pond
________________

closing argument
a puppy barks with his
big dog voice
________________

autumn rain
the steady drip drip drip
of morning coffee
________________

ice rink
first day of winter
cue the clowns
________________

first impression
reading tea leaves
I pour a second cup
________________

Thoughts from Barbara--Haiku, Senryu, & Haibun are such a pleasure to write. I'd like to thank Francine Banwarth (ed: Frogpond), Paul Miller (ed: Modern Haiku), Bob Lucky (ed: Contemporary  Haibun Online, an'ya, Sonam Chhoki and Marianna Monaco of Cattails, Fay Aoyagi of The Heron’s Nest, and Mike Rehling for all the help and 'mini lessons'. I also want to thank Ayaz Daryl Nielsen of Bear Creek Haiku, and a special thanks to Karen O'Leary for my Whispers’ family and writing some good strong Tan Renga with me. I am truly blessed. 

8 comments:

  1. love these, especially the polliwogs (we say tadpoles, which isn't half as nice!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do to but somehow it didn't fit. Poetic license? Thank you so much.

      Delete
  2. nice barbara.i liked the second one most,closing argument !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago I got brought a new Poodle puppy home and introduced her to my 2 other Poodles. She was so funny trying to bark with her "big dog voice". That was the idea behind that one. Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your haiku Barbara. Enjoyed reading them. Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've always enjoyed yours also. Hope '16 will be a productive year.

      Delete