Friday, September 18, 2015

A Blessed Autumn Morn--By Lisa DeVinney--United States

A Blessed Autumn Morn

The day is dawning clear and cool, this autumn morn.
The sun bursts o’er the mountains likes it’s been reborn.
And dew drops sparkle brilliantly on crimson leaves,
As all creation yawns beneath Your canopy.

A blessed autumn morn unfurls before my eyes,
As winter birds are drifting through the azure skies.
The squirrels are busy gathering their winter feasts;
As all creation wakens ‘neath Your canopy.

And I would join them all in lifting hands to You,
In praise of all You are, and everything You do;
For You have clothed this world with Your own majesty.
Yes, I am blessed to live beneath Your canopy.

Lisa DeVinney is a homemaker and mother of six in upstate New York. She enjoys photography and writing devotional poetry in her spare time. Lisa is the author of several books, including a devotional entitled I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes. She also maintains her own website at liftingmyeyes.com

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I deleted first comment because of spelling goofs, but here I am again. I love your poem. You've painted a beautiful picture of autumn, my favorite season....I'm blessed to live beneath God's awesome canopy too. His handiwork is breathtaking. God bless you, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris, for your many words of encouragement that so often bring a smile to my face. Blessings this crisp, autumn day! :)

      Delete
  2. Lisa,
    I loved your poem too, a very praiseworthy view of my favorite season. From the cool, crisp air to the changing colors of the leaves, autumn is the loveliest time of year.
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and for your kind comments. Fall is such a beautiful time of year, thanks to our awesome Creator. Blessings on the days ahead as you enjoy the season. :)

      Delete