Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fallen Peach--By Dan Tharp--United States

Fallen Peach

One ripe peach, fallen from the tree
begs attention...
were I to be swayed
from moments of neglect
requires pondering the peril of gravity
just long enough to put down the book
of poetry which has captivated me
in some form or fashion,
as one intent on "counting sparrows",

perhaps more content
with counting crows.

(Oddly enough, I understand her words.)

Inclined toward the journey,
in the moment of departure,
I make my way to the fallen fruit.

In the lingering that followed,
(sweet, succulent, palatable)

the peach and I become one.

Dan Tharp is the author of four books of poetry, 3 of which are in chapbook form... Side by Side, Yielding Desire to Fate, A Season Made for Wondering and A Rose in the Briar Patch. Dan resides in Southern California.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dan, you portray a wonderful image of a poet in a dilemma, I like that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delectable and irresistable, Dan:
    Two of my favorite things combined. I love those moments of being one
    with the moment, SuZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweetest moment worth waiting for - and why not then linger a while if enjoying the moment?

    ReplyDelete