Monday, September 28, 2015

Subtlety--By Charlene McCutcheon--United States

Subtlety

Exhausted, I slumped through the kitchen door
laying bags of groceries on the table and floor.
"I'll put them away later, just gotta sit for a while."
Then I noticed something that brought me a smile.

I called out to my family and asked, "WHO did it"?
The children came, worried I was throwing a fit.
"Guess it was a little fairy who did all those dishes,
or maybe a 'good do bee' fulfilled all my wishes."

Puzzlement was in their words and expressions.
Finding out who did it, I had made my next mission.
Entering the living room, there sat sweetie reading
the evening paper, by the lamp his face beaming.

He asked, "What my sweetness, for you can I do?"
Right then it was revealed to my heart and I knew.
Love can express itself in so many different ways.
His subtle messages, I like most on difficult days.

Charlene McCutcheon is a 73 year old, wife, mother of seven, grandmother of thirty and great-grandmother of 14. She has just discovered her voice through poetry within the last few years. Her former ways of expression have been through the media of arts and crafts. Her desire to share herself with others for their benefit has been the motivating factor in all her endeavors. She loves life, work, play and most of all people.

4 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet poem about your significant other being very thoughtful! I really enjoyed reading this glorious piece this evening. What a grandiose write, great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rusty. I appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes the little things mean the most right when we need it. What a sweetie your hubby must be. Thanks for writing this enjoyable slice of goodness. Hugs, SuZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much SuZ. You are so right, I do have a sweetie of a hubby of 57 years.

      Delete