Sunday, September 27, 2015

Special Feature--Stacy Savage's Contest Winner--Kay Cheshire

Whispers’ contributor, Stacy Savage, offers many opportunities for writers to share their poetry for various causes.  Her latest, Short Verse Poetry Contest, was a fundraiser for As Wings of Eagles, Inc. to help pay for a larger enclosure for the organization’s resident eagle, Belle. Kay Cheshire’s beautiful poem, “Contentment” was chosen as the winner.  Congratulations Kay!  This is Kay’s first publication at Whispers.  I welcome her to our online journal and hope you will too.

Sincerely,

Karen O’Leary
Whispers’ Editor

_______________________________

Contentment

By Kay Cheshire

Like newfound money, I want to save
days that are quiet, where only birdsong fills
the air and faint breezes brush my hair like
a lover.

Days filled with abundance, where worry
is only a word, and pains are washed clean
by waterfalls.

I want to feel sun rays on freckled skin,
keep the moonlight shinning, rest in
an oak’s shadow while butterflies
carry away the hurt.

Those are the days I want to
reach inside my pockets
and feel them full.

14 comments:

  1. I love this poem Kay - 'pains washed clean by waterfalls'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kay. Yes, may you feel such abundance ! And thank you for sharing the abundance of your poetic talent with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kay,

    I'm thrilled that you already have three comments on your wonderful poem. I hope you will become a regular contributor to our online journal. Welcome and best wishes!

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely poem, Kay -- so much in so few words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay your poem pulled my heart strings. Ah but I find to live a life of abundance one only needs change their focus. Not an easy task but God has been my ever present helper in time of need, like now when I read your lovely poem. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent and welcome to shispers..
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Beth, Winchcombe, for the following--

    What a wonderful poem, I too would like to share those days of contentment with Kay. Wonderfully descriptive, a real winner in every sense and a well deserved winner.

    Bless you,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is exactly what I define by contentment and Kay Ceshire is able to put in so inspired, precise and beautiful words. I desire this for all of us. Thanks to Karen O'Leary for to post Contentment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Edilson,

      I want to open doors for our writing community. It's so much fun to share the gift of poetry. Thank you for your kind words.

      Blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
  8. Kay,
    This is beautiful! Welcome to Whispers!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful write you have written here. I surely enjoyed reading this awesome poem this evening. You have delighted me by your inspiring words within this piece, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this one, Kay, I'd love to fill my pockets with poems that help me see those butterflies

    ReplyDelete