Monday, September 21, 2015

I Need an Idea--By Lanette Kissel--United States

I Need an Idea                           

I need an idea.
Can you suggest a source,
So that I can plot
this next poem’s course?

I need an idea
so that I can begin…
There’s a new poetry contest
I’d so love to win.

I need inspiration
so that I can start
to write the words
that will come from my heart.

Now, it’s not so depressing
as it may seem.
I have my idea.
I found it in a dream.

Lanette Kissel lives in southern Indiana with her adopted Yorkie-Poo, Benjy. She enjoys writing Inspirational poetry, essays, articles, and some secular fiction. Her work has been published in small print publications and in online magazines. Some of her fiction has been published as e-books at Red Rose Publishing.

3 comments:

  1. Lanette,
    A great poem about conquering writer's block.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little poem considering its about the lack of inspiration to write it came round to being nice verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. Inspiration can be fickle. Enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete