Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Paper Boat--By Aju Mukhopadhyay--India

The Paper Boat

The paper boat
I set adrift
In my childhood
On the flooded road
Of a metropolis
Has just arrived
This rainy evening
At my doorstep
Under full sail
Inviting me
To set out on it
For a nouvelle
Adventure.

Aju Mukhopadhyay, a bilingual award winning poet, author and critic, writes fictions and essays too. He has authored 32 books and received several poetry awards from India and USA besides other honours. Recently he has received Albert Camus Centenary Writing Award, 2013 from Canada / Cyprus. He is a regular contributor to various magazines and e-zines in India and abroad. He is in the editorial and advisory board of some important literary journals. His poems and short stories have been widely anthologised and translated.

7 comments:

  1. The only thing that could possibly be better than this is, two boats, in a friendly race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have used this
    write to describe how we discover our inner child again.
    Excellent piece.
    SuZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To you specially I am grateful-your love for the poem is my love-

      Delete
    2. To you specially I am grateful-your love for the poem is my love-

      Delete
  3. Dear Maureen, Michael, Peggy,Ralph and Pixordia,
    The poem was written earlier. After receiving many good comments I am drenched with your love again, such nice critics as you are. Your happiness with it gives me immense happiness again.

    ReplyDelete