Sunday, September 20, 2015

Poetry in My Life--By David Fox--United States

Poetry in My Life

Poetry to me is like an obsession
I write almost every day
There's nothing like a writing session
An upbeat verse to brighten someone's day
I plan to write 'til I can't any more
Until I am out of poems or my wrist gets too sore
I hope this doesn't happen while I'm still living
For when I'm alive I'd like to be giving
Joy and happiness through my poetry
It's the one thing that keeps me free.

David Fox’s writing has appeared in over 100 venues, including newsletters, blogs, print journals and websites. He has been published in the U.K., Canada, India, Finland and the U.A.E.  He edits a print journal, The Poet's Art, (see his ad in the Whispers Ad column).

4 comments:

  1. yes, I know exactly what you mean - had a chuckle at the wrist line : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack,
    Thanks for commenting. That line was one of my favorites too.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha David;
    spoken like a true poet. My wrist gives out quickly too but my brain
    is sometimes out of sync with my wrist lol SuZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. SuZ.
    I am glad you found the humor in it. Thanks for commenting.
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete