Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Haiku--By Barbara Tate--United States

assisted living
my husband helps
with the dishes

Previously published at Cattails, 2014

cotton candy
taste of a rainbow
on my tongue

Previously published at Frogpond, 2014

inside the shadow
a meadowlark sings
one part harmony

Previously published at Modern Haiku 2014

crop circles
last nights wind
left a message

Previously published at Cattails, 2014

deer crossing
six points on my license

Previously published at Modern Haiku, 2015

Haiku, Senryu, & Haibun are such a pleasure to write. I'd like to thank Francine Banwarth (ed: Frogpond), Paul Miller (ed: Modern Haiku), Bob Lucky (ed: Contemporary  Haibun Online, an'ya, Sonam Chhoki and Marianna Monaco of Cattails, Fay Aoyagi of The Heron’s Nest, and Mike Rehling for all the help and 'mini lessons'. I also want to thank Ayaz Daryl Nielsen of Bear Creek Haiku, and a special thanks to Karen O'Leary for my Whispers’ family and writing some good strong Tan Renga with me. I am truly blessed.

10 comments:

  1. One part harmony... Brilliant.

    Love this thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your observations are delightful and a pleasure to read.
    Sincerely,
    SuZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love being part of the "Whispers" family.

      Delete
  3. A most delightful string of haiku, Barbara! Loved them all, especially the 3rd one. Thank you for sharing. // paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's comments like this that keep me writing. Thanks again.

      Delete
  4. Your writing surely is a spectacular find. I am soothed by your great words of wisdom within each line of all your Haiku. I really enjoyed reading these remarkable poems here this evening. What a special set of Haiku my friend, great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't begin to tell you how much your message has meant to me.

      Delete