Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Our oak gone on--By ayaz daryl nielsen--United States

Our oak gone on

Around it we sing a huge song
for a loved one now gone on
Sunlight sifts through leafless
branches to the healthy sapling
‘tween aster and gnarled roots,
this covenant of reverence
awaiting our great grand-kin.

ayaz daryl nielsen, who has been a hospice nurse and roughneck (as on oil rigs), lives in Longmont, Colorado. He is editor of bear creek haiku (26+ years/127+ issues) and an award-winning poet with hundreds of poems published worldwide. His poetry collection haiku tumbleweeds still tumbling is at Amazon.com, and! he is online - bear creek haiku poetry, poems and information.

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely. Thank you for sharing it here. - Laura M Kaminski

    ReplyDelete
  2. you gotta love this poet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ayaz, thank you for sharing this warm, dedicated and sincere poem. Nicely written. I especially love the last two lines. To me, they speak of generational memories. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good one--Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great piece, as always…thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poem. I love it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. ayaz,
    I love this gem of a poem! Nicely done!
    Your friend,
    David Fox
    P.S. Thanks for publishing my cat haiku on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sense of the never ending cycle of naature that the image of the tender sapling brings to mind.
    So glad I stopped by to read today, Sincerely, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done, ayaz daryl. I like how the poem begins, setting the scene. I also like your rich detail in such a short poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my heartfelt thank you to all. . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a magnificent write. You have surely written a fabulous poem. I really enjoyed reading this tremendous poem this morning. Great work.

    ReplyDelete