Friday, July 22, 2016

Doorstep Dilemma--By Jack Horne--England

Doorstep Dilemma

Last night I was close to your house;
it seemed it called to me like an old friend: 
"Won't you pop inside to say hello?"

Once, you would have welcomed me;
your eyes shining, your smile bright,
drawn me in with warm hands and kisses:
no invitation needed.

But now I know you'd freeze;
a small tight smile, arms folded, eyes averted,  
your mind and heart as closed
as you wished the door still was.
You wouldn't ask me in.

I ignore the calls of your house;
it doesn't understand any more than I do
as I walk away...

Jack Horne enjoys reading and writing poetry.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jack, enjoyed reading you poem! I hope you'll get more comments! Love, Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jack. Thank you for sharing your delightful poem, "Doorstep Dilemma." I enjoyed it. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack,
    This is beautiful! I have always admired your poetry in The Jokester and Creative Inspirations, to. Keep on, keeping on, my friend.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete